Smile 5.4.4, 5.4.5, 5.4.6 – Release Note Summary
Smile software 5.4.6 has been released. This is a maintenance release that includes key improvements and bug fixes.
Smile Billing Features
- Ability to hide contact details from Smile software operators on protected accounts.
- SOAP API for retrieving connection history for subscriptions.
- SOAP API allowing external components to complete external provisioning.
- SOAP API – Submit an account, get a list of transactions.
- SOAP API – Retrieve connection history.
- Cisco voice works importer is now subservice aware.
- Managed plans – allows operators to configure allowed plan change paths, costs for plan changes etc.
Smile Billing Enhancements
- Improved validation on custom fields.
- Improvements to the new manage plan changes feature.
- Performance improvements when viewing some RADIUS and data subscriptions.
- Improvements to emails sent from ticket actions.
- Allow BSB numbers to be of several different formats when processed by the NAB gateway.
- User interface clean ups with managed plan changes.
- Use stored payment details for manual payments if they exist.
- Invoice document fields added for the previous two billing periods.
- Minor interface improvements for BindR DNS service.
- Ability added to view master subscription field from the child subscription.
- Allow the display of the features tab on non RADIUS service types.
- Newly created subscriptions will automatically import unassociated usage for new importer framework based importers (matches older importer behaviour).
- Improvements to order forms interface.
- ‘Account Type’ added to SOAP method Account get().
- Added the ability to specify that a contract value should be based on a percentage of the plan recurring charges (defaults to 100%).
- Smile CDR importer can now import to more than one service. This includes a new importer configuration form and moves some of the configuration options from the general importer form to the configuration screen.
- Smile (rather than glassfish) now authenticates SOAP requests. SOAP access can be configured via the access tab of CAT subscriptions.
Noteworthy Bug Fixes
- Custom field regular expressions are now enforced.
- Support for various BSB formats when using NAB direct debit.
- Fixed a bug deleting accounts with a CAT subscription who created other subscriptions.
- Only attempt to use stored payment details if there are stored payment details to use.
- Fixed a problem closing some subscriptions.
- Fixed a problem redeeming prepaid vouchers.
- Fixed error displaying prepaid in CAT.
- $0 invoices were sometimes not able to be reopened.
- Regular expressions constraints on custom fields are now honoured.
- Number validation performed on custom fields.
- Fixed error in upgrade script not taking currency into account.
- Deleting an account could be blocked by a CAT user who had ordered subscriptions.
- Fixed rare race condition when creating an invoice.
- Destination email address not logged to dispatch log.
- Further restrict payment types allowed in CAT for purchasing prepaid blocks.
- Customisable sales report could error for customers that had never used it before due to not having a last generated date.
- Fixed possibility of a duplicate key when cloning services or plans.
- Public schema queries now return the text name of custom collections instead of blank.
- Override Description was not being overridden when using the view plan button on a subscription.
Minor bug fixes and changes to custom code are not included in this summary.