Smile 5.3.11, 5.3.12 – release note summary
Smile software 5.3.12 has been released. This is a maintenance release that includes key improvements and bug fixes.
Smile Software Enhancements
- Improvements to the customisable sales report. Produces better status updates when generating a report.
- Fixed browser display problem in Firefox where rows could overlap in customisable sales report.
- Old TaskLog entries are now auto purged to reduce database size.
- Xero error messages now have more detail.
- Added the ability to force credit control dispatches into the dispatch queues rather than going directly out.
- User interface improvements to the Advanced Search-Send Email screen.
- User interface improvements to send email screen.
- Ability added to mark multiple items as unchangeable at once.
- Active Radius connections now shows child subscriptions individually.
- Traditional Sales Report now wraps category labels rather than truncating.
- Manual recurring charge default changed to 1 period in advance rather than in arrears.
- Ability added to force strong passwords for services.
- Ability added to override the global ABN and company name fields for specific CAT customer portal service.
- New auto approval limit for credits distinct from debits.
- Report menu reformatted for easier use.
- New conditional usage alert stationery field for over 100% making it possible to send different email text for above and below 100% usage.
- Unassociated Billing Items Report now allows an operator to manually associate unknown billing items with existing subscriptions even if the username does not match.
- Various indexes added to tables to help improve the performance in payments billing processing dashboard statistics.
- Billing run performance improved.
Noteworthy bug fixes
- Fixed caching bug in customisable sales report that required generating more than once when cloning a report.
- Added permissions to Sales per Account Report.
- Prevent billing/rating from occurring more than once at a time for each account.
- Popup windows used in payments in CAT fixed for IE9.
- Processing a billing period from an Account could happen twice if triggered from two separate logins.
- API Activity Batch method fixed.
- Calendar partially hidden while setting dates on an invoice in some browsers.
- Change UCN to USN on home screen.
- Events tab optimisations.
- ‘Not Due’ ageing title relabelled ‘Current’ when ageing periods are in due date mode to be more consistent with general accounting practices.
- Fixed agedBalanceOverdue stationery field for statements.
- Processing Australia Post bill pay import files when the payment amount is less than the surcharge would cause processing to fail.
- RADIUS accounting occasionally waiting for billing to complete.
- Customisable Sales report would not generate correctly the first time after cloning.
Minor bug fixes and changes to custom code are not included in this summary.